There is so much work to do to combat the overpolicing of black and brown residents of New York City. Instead of building new jails and putting more police in NYC subways, I would push for:
- Sentencing reform and an end to solitary confinement
- Building on this year’s bail reform bill towards a complete elimination of cash bail
- Decriminalization of sex work in New York State
- Full legalization of recreational marijuana
- Restrictions on facial recognition software that can be used to target people of color
Jabari is rejecting ALL corporate donations and developer dollars. His campaign is sustained by grassroots donors like you.