State Senator Jabari Brisport is running for re-election in District 25 to continue the fight for working-class New Yorkers.
Jabari Brisport is the State Senator for New York’s 25th District. He is a third-generation Caribbean-American Brooklynite and former public school teacher. Since he took office in 2021, Jabari has stood up against powerful interests who only want to protect corporations and the ultra-wealthy. He’s fought for the funding, services, and policies that New Yorkers need to survive and thrive.
Jabari is running for re-election because he knows that we don’t have to accept bread crumbs and inaction from our government. Real change is possible when we demand that big issues are met with big solutions. When we fight, we win.
Join Our Campaign
For info and updates
You have Successfully Subscribed!
What We’ve Won
During his first term, Jabari and our movement helped:
- Ensure billions in new funding for public schools
- Allot $225,000 to violence interruption programs in Brooklyn
- Protect against evictions and foreclosures during the pandemic
- Secure unprecedented new funding for child care
- Amend our state constitution to include the right to abortion and same-sex marriage
- Establish a first-of-its-kind excluded workers fund
- End the use of long-term solitary confinement
- Legalize cannabis
- Restrict the imprisonment of individuals for parole violations
- Win the first tax increase on billionaires in over a decade
No real estate money. No corporate donors. Jabari's campaign is sustained by grassroots donors like you.
If you've saved payment info with ActBlue Express, your donation will go through immediately.
What We’re Fighting For
- Universal healthcare
- Universal child care
- The right to renew your lease
- A fully funded CUNY that’s tuition free
- Publicly owned renewable energy
NEW YORK STATE SENATE
State Senate District 25 includes the communities of Bedford-Stuyvesant, Brownsville, Clinton Hill, Ocean Hill, and Fort Greene, as well as a portion of Prospect Heights.
ELECTION DAY AUGUST 23
EARLY VOTING AUGUST 13–21
Phara Souffrant Forrest
State Assembly, District 57
New York City Democratic Socialists of America
District Council 37
State Senate, District 18
Working Families Party
U.S. Representative, NY-14
United Federation of Teachers
Council Member, District 36
1199 SEIU · United Healthcare Workers East
Retail, Wholesale & Department Store Union, UFCW